Writing this post the other day got me thinking about all the reasons I love playing weddings. It was actually hard for me to narrow it down to a list of 10 reasons!
I know many musicians who don’t like playing weddings. I’m not one of those musicians. Weddings make up a big part of my ability to survive as a working musician and I’m thankful for each and every one I’m asked to play.
With that I give you my top 10 reasons I love playing weddings:
- Playing music with my favorite people in the world, my bandmates in the Jason Parker Quartet
- Gettin’ gussied up
- Playing beautiful music that I love, both standards and the non-traditional tunes our hip couples tend to pick
- Playing in so many different beautiful locations
- Being entrusted with setting the tone for the biggest day of peoples’ lives
- Paying my bandmates well and fairly for their talents
- Paying myself well and fairly for my talents
- Did I mention cake???
- Weddings help finance all the other things I do, like club gigs that pay poorly, tours, recording CD’s, etc.
If you or someone you know is getting married and is looking for a band that truly enjoys playing weddings, look no further than the Jason Parker Quartet! We will bring every ounce of our joy and passion to the big day.