Praise for “No More, No Less” by The Jason Parker Quartet
- Writer Marc Myers, who writes JazzWax, the #1 rated jazz blog, wrote a great review of the CD here. In an email to me, he said, “I only write about music I love…brilliant work.”
- Jazz Critic David Hill reviews the CD on Hot House
- Federico Antin reviews the CD on his blog Euskir Music
- Based on my cover of Nick Drake’s “Three Hours”, my CD has been talked about and compared to Miles Davis’ “Kind of Blue” (the best selling jazz record of all time!) and Dave Brubeck’s “Time Out” at Nick Drake.com
- I received my first review at Amazon.com
- Seattle Weekly writer Sara Brickner says, “[T]hough I’m not, nor did I ever claim to be, an expert on jazz, these guys do what they do very well.” Even non-jazz fans are diggin’ the new CD!
- My 100 CD’s Project was written about by NPR’s jazz blog, A Blog Supreme
- KPLU Radio has been playing “Bashert”
- Internet radio show “Jazz Lives” is playing three tracks from the CD. Host Curtis Davenport said “Good stuff man! You guys have a cool, tight sound & a nice vibe.”
- Curtis also put together a promotional video for his show that features a picture of me sandwiched in between Herbie Hancock and McCoy Tyner!
- Lucas Gillian from AccuJazz Radio said “Sounds great, man! What a killing group you’ve put together. Nice group interaction.” After, that is, he told me that the package smelled like celery!
- Celebrated vocalist Roberta Gambarini sent me a Tweet that said “Congrats on your album, it’s great!”
- Ucombo.com interviewed me about the CD
- Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Daniel Sheehan attended the CD Release Party and got some amazing photos
- Seattle Jazz Scene previews the CD Release Party
- Earshot Jazz Magazine also wrote a nice preview of the Release Party
- Discmakers’ wrote a preview of the CD Release Party on their blog Echoes, and posted a follow-up here
Radio Stations/Internet Radio/Podcasts Playing “No More, No Less”: