I’m gearing up for the CD Release Party for my new album, “No More, No Less” from the Jason Parker Quartet. The party is still a week away, but I’m working on the set list, rehearsing the band, doing hand exercises so I don’t get fatigued from all the autographs I’ll sign. 😉 It’s a real thrill to have reached this stage of the process, where I get to share the CD with the world and play the songs live with my fantastic band in a room filled with all my closest friends and supporters. Lucid Jazz Lounge will be hoppin’ next Saturday!
In the meantime, I have been making sure the CD will be available in all the usual places, including right here on the blog. Starting October 24th you’ll be able to get a copy of the CD or high-quality downloads from this very page.
I’m also thrilled to be getting some early feedback about the disc. Here are some of the highlights so far:
- Read a preview of the Release Party at Discmakers’ blog Echoes
- Read an interview with me at Ucombo.com
- Hear three tracks from the CD on the internet radio show “Jazz Lives”. Host Curtis Davenport said “Good stuff man! You guys have a cool, tight sound & a nice vibe. “
- Lucas Gillian from AccuJazz Radio said “Sounds great, man! What a killing group you’ve put together. Nice group interaction.” After, that is, he told me that the package smelled like celery!
- Celebrated vocalist Roberta Gambarini sent me a Tweet that said “Congrats on your album, it’s great!”
Thanks to all for your kinds words of encouragement and support! If you’re in the Seattle area I would love to see you at Lucid next Saturday.