The Jason Parker Quartet hit the road for a two-week tour in May 2010. We were equipped with audio, video and cameras to document the whole experience. You can find all posts about the tour here.Day six of the JPQ West Coast Tour was a welcome day off. We woke in Bakersfield and headed out to San Diego to spend a relaxing day at the beach, hanging with my Aunt Barbara, Uncle Norman and Cousin Bethany, having our first home-cooked meal of the tour and getting to know DaVinci the poodle.
Here is the video highlight reel for day six:
Big thanks to the Ratners for their warm hospitality and home cooking! More with them tomorrow…
Here’s what we listened to in the car on day six, with links to buy if you’re so inclined:
1. Sublime – Sublime
2. Super Barrio Bros. – Super Barrio Bros.
3. Taylor Eigsti – Lucky To Be Me
4. Jacky Terrasson and Casandra Wilson – Rendezvous
5. Jars Of Clay – Jars Of Clay
6. Morcheeba – Charango
7. Stevie Wonder – Innervisions
8. Miles Davis – Porgy And Bess
9. Donny Hathaway – A Donny Hathaway Collection
10. Dexter Gordon – One Flight Up
11. Kenny Dorham – Whistle Stop
12. Chick Corea New Trio – Past, Present and Future
13. Common Market – Common Market
14. Darrius Willrich – Can’t Get Enough
15. Pearl Jam – Vs.
16. Sonny Rollins – A Night At The Village Vanguard
17. Prince – 3121
18. Rodrigo y Gabriela – Rodrigo y Gabriela
19. Renaud Garcia-Fons – Legendes
20. Reservoir Cats – Spirit of Mingus