The Jason Parker Quartet hit the road for a two-week tour in May 2010. We were equipped with audio, video and cameras to document the whole experience. You can find all posts about the tour here.Day one of the JPQ tour started with a stop at Guitar Center. Once that was out of the way we got on the road to head to our first show at The Jazz Station in Eugene, OR. Along the way we stopped in Portland for lunch, hit a gorgeous Oregon rest stop and listened to all sorts of killer music. The hi-fi in the Town & Country was thumpin’!
Here’s a video of some of the highlights of our first day out. Be sure to watch to the end to get a glimpse of Eugene’s answer to James Brown, who we found at a funk jam session at Diablo’s Downtown Lounge, hosted by our friends in Reeble Jar.
Here’s the full clip of us playing my tune “You and Me” that night:
We decided on day one to keep track of what we listened to in the van. We’ve been covering a lot of ground and thought maybe you’d like to see the diverse tastes of the band. All albums are linked to a place to purchase if you desire (no, we are not sponsored by Amazon! ;))
Day 1 Listening:
1. Horace Silver Quintet – Finger Poppin’
2. Miles Davis – The Complete 1964 Concert – Four and More
3. Jason Linder – Now vs. Now
4. Brian Blade Fellowship – Season of Changes
5. Bad Plus – These Are The Vistas
6. Dela – The Robert Glasper Beat Tape
7. Bill Evans Trio – Explorations
8. Bjork – Volta
9. Brad Mehldau – Highway Traveler
10. Christian Scott – Yesterday You Said Tomorrow
11. Brian Kinsella – Welcome to Candyland
12. The City Champs – The Safecracker
13. Jan Jelinek and Triosk – Triosk meets Jan Jelinek
14. J Dilla – Donuts
Next stop, McKinleyville, CA!